Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: i DON'T Understand nascar $

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    i DON'T Understand nascar $

    why can you come in 2nd place and make more money than the winner?
    check out this link
    NASCAR - Results - Yahoo! Sports
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: i DON'T Understand nascar $

    Sponsorship. Sponsors pay the money and the more sponsors you have the more money you will earn each race. That is why you see disparities throughout the finishing order. Just check out the little decals around the fenders and you will generally see who is making more money per position they finish than someone else.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: i DON'T Understand nascar $

    Havnt watched Nascar since they went crazy with the rules. Nascar used to be awesome.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: i DON'T Understand nascar $

    I used to eat, sleep, drink and breathe NASCAR. Now, I couldn't even tell you who drives what car anymore. I've seen snippets of races, but have yet to make it though a whole race. Heck, I was at Martinsville and fell asleep during the race. Long gone are the days when the little man had a chance in heck of being competitive and making money.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member The_Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2008
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: i DON'T Understand nascar $

    The little men are gone. Although Morgan Shepard still tries to qualify for some races.
    Whatever happened to Jimmy Means,, Lake Speed?? and is Scott Speed related to Lake??

  6. #6
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: i DON'T Understand nascar $

    Nascar has sucked it up ever since they (1) went to restrictor plates and (2) the "car of tomorrow". Those two things have totally ruined the sport. Just look at the cars, they all look just alike, inside and out now.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: i DON'T Understand nascar $

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sage View Post
    The little men are gone. Although Morgan Shepard still tries to qualify for some races.
    Whatever happened to Jimmy Means,, Lake Speed?? and is Scott Speed related to Lake??


    Jimmy Means ran for 18 years and is an advisor for Front Row Motorsports and running Means Racing.

    Lake Speed is retired and living in Kannapolis.

    If your asking about owner/drivers you may want to take a look at Tony Stewart this year. Being an owner/driver is not the best way to try and make a living in the sport. When your in the car on the track are you gonna drive the same knowing that anything that happens you are directly responsible for.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: i DON'T Understand nascar $

    I don't follow racing an awful lot but it seems like everytime I turn it over to watch Kyle Busch is crying or whining about something each and every week. If anybody needs to sponsor this tool it should be Kleenex.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •